Saturday, September 15, 2012

Happy 1 Year Anniversary, Brent Warren!

Being silly in Paris
At this time last year (September 16) I was getting ready to walk down the aisle. I had moved out of my town-home with two of my besties (one being my sister) and moved in with my parents. I look back now and treasure those 2 weeks I had with just my family of four…it hadn’t been like that since I moved away to college…and it never will be again…but that’s ok. It was a sweet time I will never forget.

I woke up very calm that day, as if it was just another day. All of my bridesmaids came over for brunch that morning that my amazing mom made – and I just remember laughing A LOT. Before I knew it, was time to head over to the church and get ready and take pictures.

Celebrating after "The Kiss"
I remember the day being very peaceful. We did happen to run late to the church (shocking) – but for the most part I remained calm. The funniest moment of the day was getting a “Hey Tell” message from my sister saying she was going to be late because she just had gotten chased in Central Market by a large boy with a red balloon. My mom and I laughed so hard at the visual she gave us. She survived and made it just fine.

I actually didn’t cry at all the whole day. Everyone around me kept tearing up – out of happiness…but I stayed calm. I just remember feeling prepared for this day. I had waited a long time, and there was peace in knowing that this was right. No need to cry, just a day of laughter and celebration.

My sweet Pappaw and Dad performed the wedding and even still I kept it together. And the moment I walked down the aisle, when I saw Brent, rather than tear up, I just grinned…a lot. I joke now that I thought he would cry when I walked down the aisle. He didn’t. Such a let down (wink). He just grinned a lot too.

State Fair of Texas! (Brent's 1st)
Brent Warren has given me the best year of my life. I have laughed so much. Outside of my own family, he is the one person I can be an absolute dork with. We have laughed so hard at each other over the dumbest things. I’d try and share them with you, but you wouldn’t get it.

This year has been a roller coaster ride of emotions. Lots of firsts we’ve experienced together (First Thanksgiving, First Christmas, First Valentines’, First Dinners, First time to the State Fair, First moves, etc.)

And for the first 11 months, we have lived temporarily in his grandmother’s house, which we were so very grateful to have while we got our feet on the ground. Little did we know that a month later we would be picking up those feet rather quickly and moving to Nashville – and moving into another temporary living situation. We laugh that that has been our word for this year – temporary. Yet, we know there is something quite permanent in always being together. No matter where we go or where we live – he will be my home. It will always be an adventure – and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
1st Christmas

He has given me the greatest memories this year. I am beyond grateful for the gift that he is to me. The Lord knew exactly what He was doing when He brought him into my life. I joke that it sure did take him (Brent) long enough to get here. But it was the absolute best and perfect timing. God has a way of knowing what He’s doing – even when I try and tell Him otherwise (and I do that a lot).

I cannot wait to spend the next 70 years with you, Brent Warren. Yes, you heard that right. There are 10 years between us, so you better stay young. :)

Auditioning for the Amazing Race!
Thank you for being the BEST best friend, for loving me unconditionally, for believing in me when I don’t always believe in myself, thank you for your countless prayers, your smiles and your laughter, for your continued patience and understanding over the silliest meltdowns (even the one last night) – and thank you for pursuing Jesus with all of your heart and leading our family of two well.

I love you with all of my hearts. Happy Anniversary, Babe. We made it 1 year – miracles still happen?!

1 year
12 months
52 weeks
365 days
52 bascettis
228 honeymoon hours in London and Paris
7 days pondering getting a puppy
57 Adele song plays
HAPPY!
14 dances
42 drives to Moms & Pops
37 chipotle lime chicken breasts
36,987 texts
288 morning prayers
2 ½ broken gray glasses
8 cans of hairspray :)
1,000,001 kisses
414 iced Trenta unsweet no water green teas
577 iced Venti coffees with LIGHT cream
28 Saturday mornings at Fuzzy’s
3 states crossed to our new home…
…and 1 very, very happy woman!

“…Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me” (Ruth 1:16-17)
WE DID IT!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment