Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 4: heck if i know?!?

It’s been a bit of an interesting day. This morning I go to put on my really good smelling pair of boots (Friends episode) that I paid…well…paid quite a bit for and have owned for 3 months and they were already tearing on the inside. Not exactly a nice way to start the morning. After a few phone calls, may have figured out a solution, whilst getting a 15% discount. Not as much as I would’ve liked, but my negotiating skillz aren’t as top notch in the morning with no coffee. Speaking of mornings, don’t throw an egg in a bag with a bottle of vitamins and then throw it in your purse. The egg will lose every time…just sayin.

So, after talking it over with my friend at work, and telling her of my options, she says, “Hey…let’s go get some Starbucks, that will make things better.” True story. While we were in the car talking it over, I see this guy on a bike (not a motorcycle) and he’s on the same major busy street as us and cars are weaving around him to avoid hitting him and having a wreck. I know there are a lot of bikers out there, but this drives me crazy…especially when there is a perfectly good sidewalk available! Stepping down from soap box now.

We pull up to a stoplight to turn left and this biker has weaved in between cars and come up from behind to pull to our right, but slightly in front of us. He then sticks his left arm up with two fingers out. I’m in the middle of a conversation, and I go, “Does he want to turn left?! Is that what that means?” My friend, “I don’t know, maybe??? Are we supposed to wait for him, does he go first, do we go first, what do we do?” “HECK IF I KNOW?!?! I don’t remember that part in Driver’s Ed. Did they even tell us that part?” We go back and forth trying to wrack our brain to remember the rules of the road…and folks, it’s been years since I’ve been in Driver’s Ed, 15 to be exact. And let’s be honest, I don’t remember anything except that every day in class I ate a Butterfinger, Payday and Dr. Pepper (those were the days) and they showed those horribly graphic videos of teenagers that didn’t wear their seatbelts. UGH.

Finally, the light turns green, and yes, those two fingers out did mean he was turning left. Geez Louise! Nice to know…now you do too. Allow me to leave you with a little Bicycle Safety Rules of the Road. Remember, safety first.




“she’s a pretty girl” on the road…

No comments:

Post a Comment