Monday, April 19, 2010

day 2: mcalister's nemesis


"Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came...you wanna be where everybody knows your name." CHEERS

I think each of us has a place we love to frequent. You walk in, they know either your drink order, bagel order or maybe even your dress size and have already put something aside for you. Just makes you happy inside. I'm not really sure why, but it does.

Well...my two favorite places are Nordstrom (the MAC counter) and McAlister's. I don't frequent Nordstrom's as much as I used to...mainly because I detest North East Mall and try to get everything I can from Southlake Townsquare. But the second place I frequent, quite a bit I'm afraid, is McAlister's. Even if I don't eat lunch there...I usually stop by to get tea. It used to be sweet tea...but I switched to unsweet tea once I found a natural sweetener...Stevia. Try it my friends...it's MUCH better for you. And if I can give up the real deal...you most definitely can!

So, over the past 5 years, I've seen employees and managers come and go, but I've made new friends. They always know me by name, and usually have the tea glass already ready by the time I walk in the door. But about the same time I started going, (well I started going first...but that's not important) there was this girl who would ALWAYS be in there when I showed up. She was me...but with blonde hair. And if she wasn't there when I got there...she walked in right behind me. It was so weird?! Like we were stalking each othere...but we weren't...well at least I wasn't. She was the only other person they knew by name, and I think it irritated both of us that we weren't the only ones they loved. Because once I walked in the door, she would look me up and down. This is when I should have smiled, but nope. I looked her up and down right back. By the way...no matter how old you get, or how super-spiritual you are...there is still a mean and caddy Jr. High girl inside you ready for a good cat fight. Here we both were, competing with who could be the best customer and get the most attention...ridiculous I know. AND THEN, to top it off! She had to go and paint the dang cow sitting outside, and even signed her NAME: "OHHHHH...LIVVVVV...IIIIIII...AAAAAA!" UGH. I'm not bitter or anything. I mean, how was I supposed to trump that...create clothes for the thing?!?!

Sometime last year she just stopped coming. Guess she made it big as an artist. It may have been closer to two years ago. Lost track. I just know she went away and I didn't see her, and I was relieved. Then low and behold...

I walk in about two weeks ago with a friend from work and there's this brunette standing in front of me with almost the exact same outfit on as me...which doesn't happen very often. I walk to the left of her and start placing my order and I feel eyes on me looking me up and down. I look to my right and this chick is giving me the once over and it's ticking me off. She makes it to eye contact and then NO! It was HER! She had colored her hair?!?! We both realized it at the same time and just stared each other down. Then she just walked off. My friend beside me goes, "What in the world was THAT all about?!?!" Then I realized our little drama was pretty obvious to the rest of the world...woops.

Haven't seen her since. Think I might introduce myself to her the next time I see her since it's pretty obvious we both know who the other is...I don't know...we'll see.
Olivia's Cow: "Sweet T"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! As I was reading this, I remembered all the times I saw you walk back into the office after lunch, with a sweet tea drink in your hand :-) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey michelle!!!
    haha...yes...still addicted i'm afraid! thanks for the sweet support! :)

    ReplyDelete